Wednesday, June 7, 2017

He Knows

More and more, the benefits of taking time out of my day to exercise...alone...are so much more than improving health or losing weight.  I believe I've mentioned this in an earlier blog, but as I walk, I am listening to a praise and worship playlist on Spotify.  A lot of times, the songs go in and out (just like people's advice sometimes...lol), but last night, a song I had never heard spoke to my heart at just the right time...thanks, Lord:) The song is entitled 'He Knows', by Dan Bremnes (check it out).  But before I continue, let me give a little background.

My daughter just finished up her Junior year of HS, which obviously means she's now a SENIOR!!  I'm having some trouble comprehending how this happened because just yesterday, I was taking her for a one year checkup, right?!  It has been a sort of inner struggle within me for the past few weeks...one that I've pretty well kept silent...except between me and Him.  I've prayed, I've cried, I've wondered what twists and turns her life will soon take.  AND...more tears came as she pulled out of our driveway last night while I was out walking. She was headed to a friends house for the night, so I stopped to hug her and tell her the infamous, "I love you...act like you know you should"!  As I walked on and watched that car drive away, the future hit me like a ton of bricks.  In the not so far off, that car will drive away for good.  She'll head off into the great BIG world and chase her dreams. My heart will shatter into a million pieces.

As I continued to walk, having a pity party (hoping my neighbors would think it was sweat, not tears, streaming down my face), 'He Knows' played through my earbuds.  The last line of the chorus says, "just let go and trust Him, 'cause He knows".  There will come a day (soon) where I will just have to let go.  I'll let go of that precious baby girl that I literally grew up with and allow her to find her wings.  I will be broken and full of tears, but I know that "He knows".  What a friend we have in Jesus.  So, be encouraged...trust Him...'cause He knows:)


No comments:

Post a Comment