Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bible Study

Hey Everyone!  Today is Wednesday.  I know, it's been a few days since I posted, but to be honest, sometimes I just forget LOL!  Those that know me will not be surprised at that statement.  Anyways, as I was pondering what to blog about, Bible study came to mind.  Scott and I have always put an emphasis on the Bible, prayer, and our beliefs (based on the Bible) to our children.  However, I am ashamed to say that it (Bible study) hasn't always been a priority in our home.  But, in the past few weeks, the Lord has really been dealing with Scott and I about some things, Bible study being one of those.  For you see, we, along with MANY others, have come to the conclusion that if your kids don't get it at home, they won't get it.  Even since I was a kid/teenager, the face of the church has changed dramatically.  Things are tolerated that shouldn't be, the Holy Spirit does not move (whether because we don't allow Him to, or because we don't know what to do with Him when He comes), the blessings of God are taught, but not HELL (which DOES exist)!  I can't remember the last time we heard someone talk from the pulpit about being filled with the Holy Ghost or speaking in tongues for that matter (which we believe in:).  And trust me, I'm not blaming anyone but myself!  My kids MUST see it in ME!  We have been doing a Bible study on the book of Proverbs and wisdom, along with other Bible books and topics here and there.  There have been some very enlightening conversations with our 11 and 7 year olds.  I am proud to say that they are engaging themselves in these Bible studies.  Sometimes it seems that these studies are in vain.  The kids are tired and sluggish, they don't comment much, or you can tell they are in lala land.  (not ALL the time, but sometimes LOL)  However, as times passes, I will notice them both making comments about certain things we have recently talked about and I realize they are GETTING IT!!  And that just proves the point of how very important teaching your kids is. Especially in these end times!!  We are responsible for making sure our kids know what it takes to be ready for Jesus' return which is SOON AND VERY SOON!  Just wanted to encourage you!  Yes, it takes effort, and sometimes does not "fit" into our schedules.  I know at my house, it might be 9:30 before we begin, but in the scheme of life, what's more important?!?!   NOTHING!  Have a great day guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment