Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Today marks 8 years that I have been married to my sweet husband!  I am so very blessed with a sweet, honest, hard-working, Christian man.  So thankful for so many things that led up to me meeting him.  He is my best friend and I LOVE HIM!  We just had an awesome weekend with friends and family.  On Saturday, we went to Jackson with some friends, the Crawfords.  God placed them in our lives as well, and we are very thankful for their friendship.  This past weekend was tax-free weekend in Tennessee, so our families took advantage and bought some school items for our kiddos.  Yes, it is almost that time again!!  My kids will register on the 11th and their first full day with be August 15:(  Anyways, back to the weekend.  On Sunday, my Unlce Tom preached at Trenton First Assembly of God.  My family, the Crawfords, Mom and Dad, my Grandmother, The Duncans, and my brother's family all went.  It was a great time and a GREAT sermon that spoke to all of our hearts!  We also did some singing which I always thoroughly enjoy:)  After church, we made the trek back to UC and ate at Lepantos.  After eating, we all met up at Mom and Dad's.  It was so fun.  We sat around....Dad and Tom pulled out some guitars and we sang some old hyms and other songs.  Such a blessing!  It was a great day with family and friends.  I am blessed beyond measure and I never cease to thank God for that fortune.  People may let you down, but I'm thankful for a faithful, loving family, and a handful of friends that we can always count on!! And now, I'll post some lyrics to an old, OLD song from years ago:


There's a roof up above me, I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table, and shoes on my feet
You gave me Your love Lord, and a fine family
Thank You Lord, for Your blessings on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment